Friday, May 1, 2009

Im HERE!

I am officially in Taiwan! We landed yesterday at 5:30 am Taiwan time and took buses and one high speed rail train to get to Tainan, my new home for the next 5 weeks. I don't have time to put up any pictures yet, but hopefully I can do that tonight. So far, my adventures have included not understanding anyone, failing to get money out of an ATM because I was so confused, eating some delicious Chinese food, avoiding anything that had a head still attached or was just a head (a fish and a duck...) and taking lots of pictures. Everyone in my group is so picture happy, sometimes I don't get everything on my camera, but hopefully in the end we will all get each others and it will be complete. Everyone here is so nice to us and excited to have us work in their hospital, it is so nice. Our living situation is pretty good and we are having a lot of fun. I slept for 13 hours last night because I forced myself to stay awake until it was bed time, which just happened to be 8:00 at night. I think, hopefully I am back on schedule and the jet lag doesn't get me too bad. We start work on monday and will be spending a whole lot of time in the hospital it sounds like. I have learned a couple of Chinese phrases and words and can say them ok, but tend to forget them all when I am supposed to say them :) All of us here are motivated to learn some Chinese while we are here and so we are going to study it every night. We will see how far we get...I love you all and miss you tons, but am excited for this adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, we are so excited for you! Keep us posted! Laura and Family

Cindy Robinson said...

Thanks for the update!! Love you-- we are excited to hear all you adventures!
Mom