Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A gong! A ma!

A gong and A ma are the titles for the old people in Taiwan. It is Taiwanese for Grandfather and Grandmother. They are the cutest ever! Here are a few of them that I have had the opportunity to meet while in community.
This was one of our patients. He was a little out of it, as you might be able to gather, but he was actually a very happy man and waved to me as I said hello!
And this is his spry cute wife. She was so adorable with her pearls and nice shirt. She owned a grocery store here, which I should have taken a picture of. It was interesting :) I would tell her that she was "ju schwei" which means beautiful and she would just laugh. And tell us that we had cute little noses.
And this is the cutest man on the entire planet. I am convinced. He is really old and is the sole caretaker for his invalid wife. He is adorable with her and I would tell him "ju entah" which is handsome and he smiled and said he didn't want any pictures, but I think he secretly liked it and the nurse said that he was excited to tell all his old friends about how he took a picture with a beautiful american girl. He was so cute. I love these people!

1 comment:

Cindy Robinson said...

ohh Meg, I love it! You are so great with elderly people.