Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Night Out with the Girls :)

So at lunch in the hospital yesterday the nurses that we were eating with asked if we wanted to go to a movie. Alexa and I said, sure and in typical Chinese fashion they made plans immediately to go out that night. They are very spontaneous here and make plans when they think of them. Its pretty funny. Luckily we didn't have anything else going on, so we got tickets and arranged rides. LaLa, a girl who told us to call her Vegetable and another nurse picked us up on their scooters (which everyone rides here) at 8:30 and we scootered to the theater.
Its a wonder people don't die more often in Taiwan on scooters. They are crazy on them and weave in and out of traffic. No one has any regard for lines or rules or lights or anything, so its pretty funny. We were safe though...promise. :)
So we saw 17 Again with Zac Efron (from High School Musical). It was actually a pretty good movie! I like it a lot. The movie was completely in english with Chinese subtitles. If I was Chinese, I would never go to movies...but hey it worked out for us! Total there were about 6 or 7 girls that came with us, none of their english being top notch, so it was just hilarious. They would speak the little that they knew and then giggle incessently. After the movie we had a photo shoot with the different movie posters in the theater and even though these girls are all in their 20's you would have thought we were all pre-teens. It was awesome.
The Proposal...
Zac Efron - So Hot. As those girls would say
Don't worry Jim, we didn't actually drive them...
These girls were so much fun!

It seriously was probably the most fun I have ever had going to a movie and I didn't really understand anything that was going on! It was amazing. And I got to see a pretty good movie as well! All in all a very fun night. Thanks nurses!

6 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

Wow. That looks like a really good time. I'm so glad you're having fun!

Alison Spencer said...

Those pictures are the best things I have ever seen. And just so you know, I really did read your post. :)

Kay said...

nice...pretty brave to ride on a scooter in a city...hopefully, it is not as crazy as in taipei

adam said...

I love your comment "these girls are all in their 20's you would have thought we were all pre-teens" amen sister.

People here really have a more innocent, say anything, giggling attitude... It is awesome.

About directions... I know what you mean. You will almost never get an "I don't know". To save face and avoid being perceived as ignorant, they will make a guess even if they have no clue what you are looking. Be prepared to walk in the complete wrong direction when following directions. On the flip side I have had people stop what they are doing and walk with me for like 20 minutes just so they can personally show me what I am looking for. They are always nice and ALWAYS try to be helpful and SOMETIMES they are.

World of Wife Craft said...

That is awesome. I am so happy you are having time of an Asian life. Live it up!!

jeffandbrianne said...

Haha! That is so funny! I love the pictures. And the movie was in English? Weird! Glad you're having fun :)