Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving!

This week was so great. Family, food, no school, and tons of fun. I split my time between Laura's house in West Jordan and in Provo. Dinner was at Grandpa Sharp's house and it was fun to see all but one family on my mom's side come to dinner and pie. 13 pies later, we were all very full and satisfied with the feast. It was great to go to Laura's and relax and hang out with the family. Dad, Jenna and I went together to Twilight (the movie) and I actually really enjoyed it, as did Jenna and Dad. I had really low expectations because I had several friends go see it and not think much of it, but I liked it. Yes, it was super cheesy and really bad acting and some interesting graphics, but all in all, I liked it. And it was fun to see it with Jenna and Dad. We also watched plenty of movies at Laura and Clint's house, had too much dessert (is that possible) and laughed a lot. Other highlights include our unsuccessful telethon to try and get a TV and decorating Laura's house for Christmas. I am so excited that I can officially start listening to Christmas music, which I am doing right now, and doing other Christmasy things. It really is my favorite time of year. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from this week because they were all taken on Mom's camera and I forgot to get them before she left, so hopefully you can just imagine everyone together. It was great.

On another note, I have just one more clinical day at the hospital this semester and then a few tests and the semester is over! I can't believe I have already spent nearly a year in the nursing program. Just one and half left to go! It really is unreal. Life is great and this week has been a much needed break, but things are good. My friend Brad Wake and I were recently the MCs for the ward talent show, which was a lot of fun. We basically made fools of ourselves and had a lot of fun doing it. We showed of random talents we have and shared some really bad jokes. Here is a video of how we opened up the show. Enjoy! And just in case you are curious, this song is a Hindi pop song that is really popular in India apparently. We got a kick out of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will email you the thanksgiving pictures. I don't know about the dress... but the dance was great!
mom

marci said...

I LOVE that you and Brad danced to tunak tunak tan. AMAZING! I wish I had seen that part of the talent show :)

Stefanie Elyse said...

This was maybe the funniest thing I've seen in a week. And it's been a pretty funny week! Great dance grooves, I'm sad I missed the talent show!

Jennifer said...

oh my gosh!!!! that is soooo cool and you are good and hilarious! you look hot and a half!
ejn