Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mother?

So this last weekend I went up to Laura's house and played mom for the weekend while Clint and Laura were in Hawaii. It was so much fun! The kids were great, of course, but being a single parent of three isn't easy. So lets hope I never do that... It went great, its just very busy. Especially church. Juggling a one and two year old during an hour of relative quiet is difficult. No matter what you brought to entertain them. A member of the bishopric kept looking down at me and smiling. I think he found the scene amusing. However, I will say that we were there early and the kids looked so good. And that night, I made an amazing dinner. Not babysitter-like, but mom-like. It was amazing and the kids liked it too. I felt so successful. Not saying I am ready for kids anytime soon, and I am glad they generally don't come three at a time, but it was so fun! I just love those kids.!!!
Also, this week Alison and I went to The Forgotten Carols by Micheal Mclean. It was so great. We both really enjoyed it. I hadn't seen it in so long and it was Ali's first time, so it was really fun and very festive. I am soooo excited for Christmas and this was a great way to kick off the season!

1 comment:

marci said...

You sound like you were a fabulous mother! Isn't church with young children just great? I had 4 when I was being the single mother, but they were 9,7,5 and 2. And Tyler fell asleep on me during the first talk, so I really only had a 9,7, and 5 year old. It still felt like such an accomplishment