Saturday, November 15, 2008

Taiwan, here I come!

So the nursing program has a spring semester where you have the chance to go on a study abroad. One of the choices was Taiwan, and since Adam's family (my brother) live there, I was totally interested. I had my interview a little bit ago and it went great and just found out today that I was one of the eight people chosen to go! I am so excited. It will be for just over a month May-June and we get to learn about all sorts of things about the medical profession over there and how to interact and help out in a different culture than ours. I am so excited for this opportunity and also get to see Adam, Kay, Lizzy, and the new baby!!! I have always dreamed of doing a study abroad but didn't think I would have the chance because the nursing program basically owns you. Now I get to, doing what I love! Here is the official email that I got today about going:
"Congratulations on your selection for being one of the eight students chosen for the Taiwan N400 experience. It was a highly competitive group of outstanding students from which I had to choose. I am sure you will make an outstanding ambassador for nursing, the College of Nursing, Brigham Young University and the United States of America as we adventure into an unknown clinical experience. I will be providing you with more information as I receive it. I should be making an information collecting trip to Taiwan either in December or January so I will have much more information at that time. Again, CONGRATS on being selected. I am sure we will have a very rewarding time filled with rich memories and experiences."
I know if is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I just cannot wait to get to go! Now, I just need to learn some basic mandarin so I am not completely clueless when trying to give someone a shot or something...
臺灣,在這裡我來

3 comments:

Candice said...

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats megan!!!! =)

Kay said...

congrats! We can't wait!

Alison Spencer said...

woohoowoohoowooooooohoowoowoohoohooo wooooooooooohoo! So that's what I meant to do on the phone when you first told me. Sorry I didn't. But you can always just listen to that voicemail when you want to know how excited I am for you. :)