Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WINTER BLAST 08

The news seems to think its important to give certain local events cool, catchy names so that we sound more important than we actually probably are. That is what sparked everyone around here (that is to say, Matt, Jenna and I) to call it WINTER BLAST 08, just like they would on the news. I came home to a foot of snow, that has stayed around for several days. That is unheard of here in Seattle. We are usually lucky for a small dusting once a year that is gone within a day or two. Needlesstosay, I was really surprised to see all the snow and the continued snowfall. The trouble is, we live on a very steep hill. Getting up and down it is quite the challenge. In fact, we drove the 800 miles or so from Utah to Seattle, without any trouble, but the last 200 feet up our hill proved too difficult for our little car and we had to trek up the hill in the snow with all our bags and leave the car at the bottom. It works out because that is just the car we use now to go anywhere, because it is past the tough stuff. I am just hoping that the snow sticks around for long enough to have a white Christmas, which would be a very rare occurance around here. So when I got home and saw all the snow, I decided that there were some things on my "at-home" checklist that had to get done:
1) Play in the snow like I am 5 years old
2) Build a snowman bigger than me (I know, not too difficult...)
3)Gingerbread making contest (vote as to which one is better :) )

4) Read a book for fun in front of the fireplace
5) Finish Christmas shopping
6) Wrap everything.
7) Relax :) I really have done all of these things. Its fantastic.

So now that my checklist is complete, I am excited for Christmas and the fun that that is! We are definitely going to have a white Christmas, so it will be beautiful! Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that you have a great day!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Your's and Jen's gingerbread is definitely better! I came home to a foot of snow this week too! We had fun sledding down my driveway...but then I ran into a tree :( Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Megan!!!

marci said...

I vote that you and Jenna made a better gingerbread house, although Matt and Kyle put forth a valiant effort. I really like your to do list over Christmas break. I wish there was someone here to play in the snow with... we sure have enough of it, but it's no fun being the only one. My list is pretty short: sleep and eat. It looks like a great White Christmas, if only we had had more of those growing up! LOVE YOU!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Im glad youre enjoying that brown shirt :) Its a winner!