Sunday, April 8, 2012

True Meaning of Easter

I am so grateful today is Easter. It kinda snuck up on me and I went to bed yesterday thinking I hadn't prepared myself to celebrate Easter today. But for me, one hymn really allows me to reflect on the reason we celebrate this holiday. And listening to it this morning has really filled my heart with love and joy for the knowledge that I have. That Christ died for us and rose again that we can become clean and return to Him and our Father in Heaven. And I am eternally grateful for that. I may not understand it perfectly and I know that at times I may feel unworthy of this gift, but that is precisely why He gave his life, so that we can exercise faith and become better everyday, with His Help. I hope that as you listen to this song, you feel that as well. And if you don't know this for yourself, or want a better knowledge, you can have it. And if you want to know more about how I know, ask. I would love to share more with you.

There is a Green Hill Far Away
There is a green hill far away, without a city wall. Where the dear Lord was crucified, who died to save us all.
We may not know we cannot tell what pains He had to bear. But we believe it was for us He hung and suffered there.
There was no other good enough to pay the price of sin. He only could unlock the gate of heaven and let us in.
Oh dearly, dearly has he loved and we must love Him too. And trust in His redeeming love and try His works to do.

No comments: