Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baking


I think I might open a bakery...You know, if this whole nursing thing doesn't pan out, or maybe as a side project. Why the sudden interest in the baking industry you might ask? Well let me show you!

In the few months I spent in limbo - graduated and unemployed - I had some extra time on my hands and a few holidays to celebrate. So when you need to celebrate, what better way than with a delectable delight? And with the extra time, I let my creative juices flow and allowed a few of my "pins" on Pinterest come to fruition and it has turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself. Here is what I have been working on.

I got really into decorating sugar cookies. One day while I was doing this, Clint (my brother in law) came home and commented that I was 'in my element'. And I was. I loved every minute. A bit time intensive, but hey, I had nothing else really going on!

These were for the Sharp Family Christmas Party...
My cousins baby shower (Her baby's name is Ayvrie, hence the A's...)
Thacker Family Book of Mormon completion party...
And Valentine's Day!

Not everything was completely sugary, and I have dabbled in the savory side of baking as well. Some homemade pretzel bites, with a variety of options. Cinnamon Sugar, Garlic Parmesean and Sea Salt.

New Years Eve and the Superbowl each called for some tasty appetizers. The ones shown here were for New Year's Eve. Ham and Cheese calzone and Bacon Ranch pull apart bread.

But who are we kidding, I always come back to chocolate. This is a chocolate peanut butter pie I made for our mix and mingle at church. See, I do make an effort to be a part of the ward. Especially when it gives me an excuse to make something new and wonderful like this pie. It was delicious. But really, you can't go wrong with an oreo crust, peanut butter, cream cheese, whipping cream and chocolate.

And this baby was a 2-day adventure that paid off big time. Made for Laura's birthday, this beauty is a triple layer red velvet cake with a cheesecake middle, covered in buttery cream cheese frosting and decorated with milk chocolate curls. It weighed a ton and took several hours, but it was quite incredible.
So if you see me and think...Megan is looking a little softer 'round the middle these days...it may be due to my extreme lack of responsibilities and endless access to incredible recipes. But it was so fun and very delicious. That is where having a bakery could be nice. I could have the fun, but would sell them instead of just eat them all myself. Because, lets just be honest...these are just the ones that I took pictures of, not all the ones that were made...

So while my taste buds might be screaming for more, my waist line is not, so thank goodness I got a job to keep me a little busier. But if you hear of a bakery needing an extra hand, feel free to pass along my name :)

1 comment:

World of Wife Craft said...

I love this. I am so glad I got to eat some of these things you have made. You are amazing!!