Friday, October 30, 2009

"Dear Sister Robinson....


You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the TEXAS LUBBOCK MISSION. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, February 3, 2010. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

...

Sincerely, Thomas S. Monson"

Not a bad letter huh? So here is the official word. TEXAS! I got my call last Thursday and after getting everyone on Skype or speaker phone, I found out that this is where I have been called. Its not exotic and its not foreign (at least not in the usual sense of the word), but I am so excited. I leave on my half birthday which is kinda fun and I will get to preach to the people the minute I hit the ground. I cannot believe that its for real, but its here! I will get to finish this semester and then prepare for everything before I take off!
My mission covers most of the western half of Texas and the eastern half of New Mexico. Even though I was called English Speaking, I am sure I will learn some Spanish by default.

I tried to put the video of my actual opening on here but it is just not working. Maybe later. Its pretty funny. But I am so excited. Here I come TEXAS!

7 comments:

marci said...

I'm so excited for you! Oh man Meg! I want to see you sometime soon. :)

Alison Spencer said...

I don't think there's anything Texas could do to fully prepare for your arrival. They think they're so great--but they ain't seen nothin' yet. :)

World of Wife Craft said...

I am still so excited for you. I Lub that your going to Lubbock.Ha haha

Krista said...

I hope you don't mind that I blog stalked you. Congratulations on the mission call!!! You'll be a great missionary!

Amy Collyer said...

Congrats!!! I will see you in the MTC!!!

Suzanne said...

Hooray!!!! I am so excited for you!!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Lisita said...

So so so so excited for you!!!!! Will you be in WA after Christmas until you go? Hope we get to see you!