Friday, July 3, 2009

Workin' hard for the money....


This is where I work. Toyota of Kirkland. Sure I could have been a CNA or done something more towards my major. But I figured...I am going to be in health care for the REST of my life. Why not do something kinda new and different? So, lucky for me, I had an in to Toyota, with Jenna working there for 7 months already and I already knew the service manager and together, I got a job. I am not sure what my official title is actually, but I just do a bunch of things. Number one, I am a shuttle driver. That means I drop people off and pick people up when their car is being worked on. When I am not driving all over the east side, I welcome people to the service drive and move cars back and forth throughout the lot. I work with a bunch of crazy people, but its a lot of fun actually. And I get to work with Jenna for a couple hours each day so that is a lot of fun. I guess when I first started and Jenna and I would walk around together people kept asking each other if we were a package deal or something. So, its a random summer job, but hey...its a great time.

2 comments:

marci said...

Sounds better than my summer job... I yell at kids not to run, I yell at kids not to climb up the slides, I refill arcade games with tickets, I take food orders, and when necessary I clean up poop. And I have the title "manager". Woo freaking hoo! I LOVE YOU!

Amy Collyer said...

Awesome! It is great just to have a job this summer, let alone a job you really enjoy!