Tuesday, January 27, 2009

General Authorities + BYU Basketball = Amazing

So, walking out of the BYU basketball game last Saturday, after a very fulfilling win, I come within inches of literally running into Elder Nelson. Thats right...THE Elder Nelson. From the Quorum of the 12. He was just walking out of the Marriott Center with his wife. I was talking with some friends, and I looked ahead of me just in time to stop before mowing him over. All of us in the group took a minute to realize who we nearly ran over and then not at all smoothly saying to each other...is that Elder Nelson?! We finally came to a consensus, that it was indeed the very apostle, when he walked away and left us yelling "Hi Elder Nelson!! We love you!" I know...we are real classy. He wasn't the only GA there either. Elder Oaks and his wife are also b-ball fans apparently, and President Samuelson is always in attendence. I have also been at the games with Elder Christofferson and his wife and Elder Perry is a frequent fan. They sit on the front row, just behind the announcers and directly across the court from the student section. Makes you feel a little foolish yelling and screaming like crazy with some apostles sitting polietely across from you. Oh well. But I am still kicking myself for not composing myself a little to shake Elder Nelson's hand. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Alison Spencer said...

I WAS THERE!!!

Anonymous said...

Laura & I chased down Elder Bednar & Eyring in the airport. They seemend VERY bothered while I introduced us. I am sure they get that a lot though......

Megan said...

haha, I had no clue! that is awesome. Way to go. Sounds like you and Laura showed about as much class as I did.